Take the Next Step
Robert Morris University Illinois recognizes that when students decide to attend college they do it because they envision a better life for themselves-personally and professionally. By forming a collaborative relationship with students, we inspire students to assume ownership of their career goals along with the confidence of knowing they have a “coach” during the process. Students receive the tools they need to launch their careers from professionals both in and out of the classroom.
Robert Morris has one of the most comprehensive programs to support students beginning at the start of freshman year. Career Foundations works directly to meet career exploration needs of freshman and sophomores while Career Services supports the specific needs of juniors , seniors and graduates students ready to embark or advance within their profession.
RMU’s curriculum consists of four required courses, one each year, specifically designed to assist students in managing their careers. Placement information is collected and calculated six months after graduation. It is not collected by program, job title, or location.
Robert Morris University surveys students and graduates at multiple times during and after their undergraduate programs. This data provides information on satisfaction with support services, employment and further education.
- 98.6% of sophomores believe the career preparation course prepared them for an internship or their job search.
- 97% of seniors report they acquired some job or work-related skills while attending Robert Morris and 93% report working to solve complex real-world problems.
- 89% of seniors report that they participated or plan to participate in an internship or other field experience.
- 44.3% of bachelor degree graduates are planning to attend graduate level programs.
- 81.51% of graduates report being employed 6 months after graduation and 12.9% of bachelor degree graduates are attending graduate programs 6 months after graduation.
- The expected employment rate for our BSN students/program is at least 70% within 12 months of program completion. (First results expected February 2018)
Source: Report based on data from the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), Robert Morris University’s Career Management Course Survey and Six-month Post Graduation Survey and CMT220 survey.