Today’s employers want relevant work experience in their graduates, and Robert Morris University allows you to gain experience while you learn. Internships are a must for today’s graduate.
The National Association of Colleges and Employers (www.naceweb.org) reported the following in their 2010 and 2011 Internship & Co-Op Survey:
- 83% of employers cited using their internship programs to feed their hiring program.
- 44.6% hired from the class of 2009 came from employer internship programs and employers expect to hire 7% more interns for 2010-2011 than they hired in 2009-2010, according to results of NACE’s latest internship survey.
- 93% of employers planned to hire interns in 2011.
- 53.3% of employers converted interns into full time hires
Internships not only are a great way to gain experience, they can also help you identify what you want to do with your career while you earn academic credit.
- Explore a career field of interest
- Improve skills learned in the classroom
- Gain relevant work experience
- Learn new job skills
- Demonstrate competencies and experience on your resume
- Establish professional contacts for future employment
- Secure references from professionals in your field
- Become better prepared for a competitive job market
- Possess an inside edge to job opportunities at your intern site
RMU values experiential learning and there is no better way to become a professional than to learn and interact with professionals through an internship experience. Every student is required to complete an internship prior to graduation. Each student works with our experienced Career Advisor to secure an internship relevant to their degree program. The internship experience is vital to increasing a student’s chances for success upon completing their degree.
Information for Employers
For more information on internships, or to post an internship or job click here. An Internship Coordinator in Career Services will contact you.