Institutional Accreditations, Program Accreditations, Approvals, & Certifications
Robert Morris University is approved by the Illinois Board of Higher Education and is authorized to award the:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Information Systems
- Master of Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree
- Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Computer Studies
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting
- Bachelor of Professional Studies Degree
- Associate in Applied Science Degree
Robert Morris University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. In the United States, accreditation is voluntarily sought by institutions of higher education and is conferred by six regional associations, and by several national associations that limit their scope to particular kinds of institutions. An institutional accrediting body evaluates an entire institution in terms of its mission and accredits the institution as a whole. This body reviews more than the educational offerings of the institution; it also assesses such characteristics as governance and administration, financial condition, admissions and student personnel processes, institutional resources, and relationships with outside communities.
The Higher Learning Commission, based in Chicago, accredits degree-granting institutions of higher education. Its mission is:
- To establish requirements and criteria for the accreditation of institutions of higher education and accredit institutions found to meet those requirements and criteria .
- To strengthen educational and institutional quality through its assistance to its affiliated institutions, its evaluation processes and its programs, publications, and research.
- To advocate and exercise self-regulation in higher education through effective peer review.
- To provide the public with accurate information concerning the relationship of affiliated institutions with the Commission.
Robert Morris University is:
- Approved for foreign students by the U.S. Justice Department. The University is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
- Approved for Veteran’s Administration educational benefits. Service persons and veterans should contact the Associate Registrar for information.
- Approved for Social Security by the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Approved by the Illinois Department of Vocational Rehabilitation Training.
- Approved by the American Bar Association for the Paralegal Program.
- Approved by the Department of Education to offer Title IV Financial Aid funding.
- Approved by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission to award state financial aid.
- Approved by the Illinois Board of Professional Regulation (IDFPR) for the Nursing Program.
The University’s curriculum may be helpful in preparing students to sit for a number of certifications during or upon completion of the program of study. However, many certifications require additional coursework, work experience, and an exam fee.
School of Business Administration
Robert Morris University has received specialized accreditation for its Business Programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
Download the 2016-2017 Public Disclosure of Student Learning.
College of Nursing & Health Studies
BPS: Applied Health Science (fitness track)
American Sports Education Program (ASEP) Coaching Principles Certification
Graduates may apply to sit for the ACSM Certified Health and Fitness Specialist
Exercise and Sports Studies
American Heart Association (AHA) CPR/AED/First Aid
Graduates may sit for the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Personal Trainer Certification
American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) NHA certification
Graduates may apply to sit for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) AMT certification and the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) AAMA certification
The Robert Morris University Illinois Medical Assisting Diploma program at the Chicago campus is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North
Clearwater, FL 33763
IDPH Certified Nursing Assistant
Graduates may apply to sit for the NCLEX-RN for RN Licensure
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Robert Morris University IL is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202.887.6791.
American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support
Certified Surgical Technologist Certification
IDPFR Surgical Technology Registration and Licensing
5600 N. River Rd, Suite 720
Institute of Art & Design
Institute of Culinary Arts
Sanitation certification – city and state
National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) Manage First Certifications:
Hospitality & Restaurant Management
Menu Marketing & Management
ServSafe Alcohol Responsible Alcohol Service Nutrition
Institute of Technology & Media
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Linux+
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (MCAS)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
Students may find the Interior Space Planning and Design curriculum helpful in preparing for the National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) exam however; the program is not intended to prepare students for the NCIDQ certification.
The BPS in Architectural Technology will not qualify a student to sit for the NCARB (National Council of Architectural Registration Board) exam. Upon completion of the degree students will be eligible for a variety of job opportunities in construction, real estate management as well as entry-level positions in the construction, space planning and architectural industries.
Robert Morris University is a participant in the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) and generally complies with the general guidelines as set forth by:
- National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC)
- Illinois Association for College Admission Counseling (IACAC)
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars & Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
- Illinois Association of Collegiate Registrars & Admissions Officers (IACRAO)
The University enrolls over 600 students in the following athletic programs and their respective affiliations:
- Cross Country
- Cross Country
- Figure Skating
- Swimming & Diving
- Synchronized Skating
- Track & Field
Athletic National Associations
- American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA)
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA)
- Universal Cheerleaders Association (UCA)
- Universal Dance Association (UDA)
- United States Bowling Congress (USBC)
- United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA)
- Women’s Collegiate Lacrosse League (WCLL)
Athletic Conference Affiliations
- Central States Collegiate Hockey League
- Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference (CCAC)
- Mid-American Collegiate Hockey Association
- Great Lakes Intercollegiate Hockey Association
- Midwest Collegiate Hockey League (Men’s Hockey-White)
- Women’s Collegiate Lacrosse League
Athletic Hall of Fame
The University created the Athletic Hall of Fame to honor those who have given, achieved, and sacrificed to enhance the overall success of Robert Morris University Athletics. Members are inducted annually.
- Academic All-American Atlhetes (189)
- Conference Championship Teams (16)
- All-American Athletes (117)
- National Championship Teams (7)
Robert Morris’s intensive curriculum can assist students in earning an associate degree in as little as 6 quarters and a bachelor’s degree in as little as 12 quarters. Program lengths vary. Not all programs available at all locations.
An academic year is 30 weeks in length; a new financial plan begins every 30 weeks. Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis and may change in subsequent years.
Scholarships are frequently available in the following areas:
- Academic Talent
- Athletic Talent
- Financial Need
All scholarships are limited and awarded at the discretion of the University and not guaranteed to be renewable.
Transfer of Credit
RMU coursework is designed for your success at Robert Morris. RMU credit may transfer to other institutions; however, all transfer of credit is evaluated by the receiving institution. Credit transfers best when evaluated as part of an earned degree; course-by-course credit is typically more difficult to transfer to and from any college or university.