Free Application for Federal Student Aid
When it comes to financing your college education, your first step should be completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov after October 1st. This application will assist your school in determining what you qualify for in grants, scholarships, and loans. To add RMU to your FAFSA, enter school code 001746. If you need assistance with completing your FAFSA, contact your Admissions Counselor today! Please note that we recommend you complete your FAFSA by November 1st each year to ensure your maximum award eligibility.
Learn More About the FAFSA Below
- Apply for your FSA ID by clicking here. This will be used to sign your FAFSA and you should only have to apply once. If you are a dependent student, your parent will have to apply for their own FSA ID at the same site.
- Prior to completing your FAFSA gather the following documents:
- Social Security Number
- Tax forms from 2015 (if you have not completed your taxes yet, use estimated numbers from prior year – you can correct your FAFSA at a later date after you filed)
- How to Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool – this link show you step by step how to use this unique tool offered by the US Department of Education
- Complete your FAFSA! Make sure to sign it and add Robert Morris University, school code 001746!
- If FAFSA is completed with signature, RMU should have your results in 72 hours!