In addition to institutional scholarships and grants, RMU assists students by providing a list of private or outside scholarship opportunities. The outside scholarships listed below are separated by category, due date and the amounts being offered.
The private scholarship providers listed here represent some of the best for RMU students.
|Art and Design Scholarships||Month Due||Offering|
|Greater Than Gatsby||March||$2,000|
|Print and Graphics Scholarship||March, November||Varies|
|AIS Technolabs PVT LTD||May||$1,000|
|Uber Clone App||May||$1,000|
|American Graphics Institute||July, December||$1,000|
|Business Scholarships||Month Due||Offering|
|Surgent Professional Education Scholarship||July||$1,000|
|TestPrepHQ Entrepreneur Scholarship||October||$2,500|
|Kitchen Cabinet Kings Entrepreneur Scholarship||December||$5,000|
|National Founder's Business Scholarship||December||$500|
|American Institute of Certified|
|Computer Science Scholarships||Month Due||Offering|
|National Debt Relief Scholarship||January||$1,000|
|Vernon Computer Science Scholarship||May||$2,500|
|Microsoft Scholarship /a>||October||Varies|
|Anita Borg/Google, Inc. Scholarships||December||$10,000|
|Remote DBA Scholarship||December||$1,000|
|Eagle Touch||Various Months||$3,000|
|General John A.|
|Culinary Arts Scholarships||Month Due||Offering|
|Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association (IHLAEF)||May||$2,000-$5,000|
|James Beard Foundation||May||Varies|
|American Hotel and Lodging|
|Illinois Restaurant Association Educational Foundation||Varies||Varies|
|Health Studies Scholarships||Month Due||Offering|
|NBNA Scholarship Program||April||$1,000-$6,000|
|Michael Moody Fitness||July||$1,500|
|Fitness Apie Scholarship||August||$1,000|
|The Expert Institute Scholarship||December||$1,000|
|A Place for Mom||Various Months||$2,000|
|Illinois AMVETS Service Foundation Veterans Scholarships||November||$2,000|
|Low VA Rates Military Scholarship||December||$2,500|
|Jackie Robinson Foundation||February||$30,000|
|IL Legislative Latino Caucus Foundation||September||$2,000|
|National Black MBA Association||November||$1,000|
|Congressional Black Caucus Spouses||Various Months||Varies|
|GE and LULAC|
|MoneyGeek Scholarship Guide for Hispanic Student||Various Months||Varies|
Guide for African American Students
Guide for Asian-American Students
Guide for Native American Students
|United Negro College Fund Scholarships||Various Months||Varies|
|Scholarships for Women||Month Due||Offering|
|Go Skills||March, September||$2,000|
|South Jersey SEO STEM Scholarship||May||$1,500|
|Chicago Venture Partners||June||$10,000|
|You Look Attractive||August||$1,000|
|Rhea of Hope Foundation||September||Varies|
|Jeannette Rankin Foundation||November||Varies|
|Rosenfield Annual Single Mother Scholarship||December||$1,000|
Guide for Women
Scholarship Scams – Six Signs That Your Scholarship is Sunk: Advice from the Federal Trade Commission
- “The scholarship is guaranteed or your money back.” No one can guarantee that they’ll get you a grant or scholarship. Refund guarantees often have conditions or strings attached. Get refund policies in writing” before you pay.
- “You can’t get this information anywhere else.” There are many free lists of scholarships. Check with your school or library before you decide to pay someone to do the work for you.
- “May I have your credit card or bank account number to hold this scholarship?” Don’t give out your credit card or bank account number on the phone without getting information in writing first. It may be a set-up for an unauthorized withdrawal.
- “You’ve been selected by a ‘national foundation’ to receive a scholarship,” or “You’re a finalist” in a contest you never entered. Before you send money to apply for a scholarship, check it out. Make sure the foundation or program is legitimate.
- “The scholarship will cost some money.” Don’t pay anyone who claims to be “holding” a scholarship or grant for you. Free money shouldn’t cost a thing.
- “We’ll do all the work.” Don’t be fooled. There’s no way around it. You must apply for scholarships or grants yourself.
Additional Scholarships and Financial Resources
|College Board Scholarship Search||bigfuture.collegeboard.net|
|College Net Scholarship Database||collegenet.com|
|Science Net Scholarship Listings||cse.emory.edu|