Adult Undergraduate Admissions Process
Adult students want ownership over their learning process. They want to engage with faculty on their own terms and in their own time. Our adult model utilizes an innovative method of blending classroom time with technology, allowing for consistent interaction between student and faculty with day or evening options.
The College of Adult Studies schedule is designed for students who work full-time and seek to fit college into their schedules. Students maintain full-time status while attending class only twice a week. Benefits include:
- Credit for work experience
- Accelerated – Five 10-week terms in a year
- 98% of faculty have real-world experience in their field
- More than 70 corporate partnerships with tuition discounts for employees
- College of Adult Studies grant of up to 30% off tuition is available
Becoming an RMU student is easy; just follow these application steps:
Apply for admission one of the following ways:
All applicants are required to submit official high school and/or all college transcripts. Mail your official transcripts to:
Robert Morris University
Attn: Student Records
401 S. State Street
Chicago, IL 60605
Applicants must have earned a high school diploma or its equivalent GED before attendance can begin. Therefore, unofficial transcripts are acceptable for those students applying during their last year of high school, however official transcripts are required at the time of enrollment.
- RMU is a test optional university for most of our programs. Therefore, you can decide whether or not you’d like your ACT, SAT, AESA or CLEP scores to be considered for admission. If you do choose to submit your test scores and they are not listed on your high school transcript, please follow the same steps above for Submit your Transcripts.
- Some programs have additional documents that are considered for acceptance. Please see below.
There are many ways to experience the University. Decide how you’d like to tour the campus during your visit
Students enrolling in the Summer (July) or Fall (September) terms should declare their intent to enroll by submitting an enrollment deposit of $40. This should be submitted before the May 1 deadline. Your enrollment deposit will secure your seat at RMU and will be applied toward the first quarter of tuition. The deposit is refundable up until May 1 of the year in which you enroll.
Nursing and Surgical Technology students should refer to “other admissions requirements” to learn about the required program deposit.
- Complete your FAFSA using RMU’s school code = 001746
- Check MyRMU student portal for updates on additional documents that may be needed to finalize your financial aid awards
- Submit additional required documents to complete your financial aid package
- Review your financial plan once sent via mail, on MyRMU student portal or in person with your admissions counselor
- Secure your awards by signing and accepting the financial plan
- RMU offers adult students up to 12 credit hours for work experience in the College of Adult Studies. This is equivalent to one entire term of credit.
During this important final step, you will:
- Register for classes and meet your academic advisor
- Meet faculty and connect with fellow classmates
- Purchase books, supplies and apparel
- Finalize any/all paperwork
Due to the nature of our nursing program, nursing students must apply to the University before a review of their transcripts can take place. Please refer to our nursing presentation for program requirements.
The following are required for consideration into the Psychology and Surgical Technology Programs
- High school GPA requirement of 2.5/4.0
- Successful completion of upper level science coursework with a C or higher
- ACT, SAT or TEAS exam scores for math and science
- Please submit these additional documents via one of the ways above referenced in how to submit transcript
Nursing and Surgical Technology Program Deposit
$200 deposit needs to paid online to secure your spot in the program. Click here to secure your spot.
Visit International Admission to learn more on applying for a student visa and acceptance to RMU.
Office of Admissions Welcome Center
401 S. State Street
Chicago, IL 60605
Specific location information for one of our 9 campuses can be found here.
Phone: 312.935.5460 or toll-free at 800.762.5960