Nominations for the 2019 RMU Alumni Awards are open!
Each year, RMU presents four prestigious awards to honor distinguished and committed alumni. The RMU Alumni Awards honor personal and professional achievements for alumni who have shaped and strengthened their community and ours.
This year, awards will be presented during a reception celebrating RMU’s alumni, donors and friends Thursday, October 24 in the State Street Gallery.
Deadline for nominations is Monday, September 23.
President’s Hall of Fame
The induction into the President’s Hall of Fame is the highest honor bestowed by Robert Morris University to acknowledge and honor distinguished alumni who, through their leadership, entrepreneurship and innovation have made significant contributions to their communities and achievements in their profession. The Hall of Fame celebrates the rich history of Robert Morris University and provides exceptional standards that current students can measure their future success.
A nominee must be a graduate of Robert Morris University Illinois. Recipients will embody the Robert Morris University core values—Committed Leadership, Serving the Community and Creating Opportunity through Experiential Teaching– and use them as guiding principles for personal and professional success. They are lifelong learners and have brought significant distinction to themselves as well as credit to Robert Morris University. In order to be considered for the President’s Hall of Fame, nominees must demonstrate:
- Committed Leadership: The recipient demonstrated outstanding leadership and professional success in their field and can exhibit a record of accomplishments including, but not limited to, industry awards/recognitions and leadership positions held.
- Service to the Community: The recipient exhibits integrity and a demonstrated commitment to service through work with non-profit organizations, board service or other philanthropic endeavors.
- Create Opportunity through Experiential Teaching: The recipient shows commitment to experiential learning opportunities and teaching by advocating or assisting students/youth through mentorship, internship experiences or other opportunities that enhance their job-readiness
The Distinguished Alumni Award
The Distinguished Alumni Award is presented by the colleges and acknowledges the extraordinary accomplishments of alumni who have achieved significant success in their chosen professional field or through community involvement.
Awards are given in seven categories:
● School of Business Administration
● Institute of Technology & Media
● Institute of Art & Design
● Institute of Culinary Arts
● College of Liberal Arts
● College of Nursing & Health Studies
● Morris Graduate School
- Must be a graduate of Robert Morris University
- Demonstrated professional achievement in his or her industry or profession
- Candidates should have demonstrated pride in their alma mater through contributed time, talent or resources. Their interest in and loyalty to Robert Morris University should be evident.
The recipient exhibits integrity and a demonstrated commitment to service through work with non-profit organizations, board service or other philanthropic endeavors.
The Outstanding Alumni Award
This honor is bestowed upon a Robert Morris University alumna/alumnus who has consistently demonstrated extraordinary, selfless commitment and devotion to Robert Morris University through involvement in various areas of the University including, but not limited to, recruitment, support, service, leadership or advocacy that furthers the University’s brand and/or mission within the community.
- Must have graduated from Robert Morris University
- Award may be given to any living alumni member who has distinguished themselves by devoting significant time and effort on behalf of RMU through advocacy, student support, recruitment efforts, volunteering, fundraising, etc.
- Nominee must also show commitment to giving back to the community
Young Alumni Award
This award honors the contributions of outstanding young alumni who have advanced rapidly or achieved significant career success since graduating from RMU and/or its Morris Graduate School. This may be measured by noting favorable statewide, national or international recognition; honors from associations or employers; or documentation illustrating work that has provided impact to a pronounced segment of society.
- Must have graduated from Robert Morris University
- Received recognition as an emerging leader through professional and/or community achievements
- Attained increasingly responsible positions within their organization, business, or field of work
- Received recognition for significant professional contributions, discoveries, or creative work through honors, awards, and/or media attention
- Served as an outstanding role model for current and future Robert Morris University students
- Individual must be 45 years of age or younger
Eligible nominees in all categories will have graduated from Robert Morris University. These awards are given for outstanding achievement and no compromises diminishing the significance of the awards will be made.
Nominations can be made by:
- Any Robert Morris University alumnus/alumna
- Any University employee
- Members of Robert Morris University affinity groups and boards including the Board of Trustees, academic advisory board members, alumni board, etc.
Nominations will be accepted using the following guidelines:
- Nominator to fill out the online nomination form about their nominee.
- Nomination forms will be held for each individual for a period of five years. If an individual is not selected for the award, his or her award nomination form may be updated and renewed by the original or another appropriate nominator for consideration in a subsequent year.
- No limitation will be placed on the total number of nominations accepted for consideration.
Presentation of Awards: Award recipients and nominators will be notified by the end of September. The awards will be presented during a reception in RMU’s State Street Gallery Thursday, October 24 from 5:30-7:30 pm.
Award Selection Committee:The selection committee shall be responsible for reviewing, ranking and selecting individuals from the eligible nominations. The selection committee is comprised of the President’s senior executive team.
Confidentiality: Nominations shall be held in confidence (with the exception of the committee and Office of Advancement).