We know that we are stronger together. With your involvement, RMU’s programs have greater capacity allowing students to benefit from the career-focused, experiential education that inspired you and your classmates. There are a number of ways to share your Eagle pride and support current students and connect with fellow alums.
Alumni Advisory Board
The Alumni Advisory Board plays a key role in establishing and enhancing the bond between alumni, the RMU community, and serve as ambassadors on behalf of the University.
Alumni Advisory Board Goals
- To foster, promote and develop initiatives in the best interest of RMU alumni
- Serve as the voice of alumni to the University and greater community
- Cultivate engagement among alumni through volunteerism, philanthropy and advocacy
- Support current students in their transition to alumni
- Recognize and celebrate alumni and University achievements
Alumni Advisory Officers and Members:
Kevin Freeman ‘15, President
Director of Sports and Entertainment Partnerships, United Way of Metro Chicago
Robert Kennedy ‘16, Vice President
Staff Consultant, Crowe
Caroline Lewis ‘11, Secretary
International Legal and Governance Manager, Garrett Brands
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Officers should attend a minimum of five out of six meetings, scheduled every other month. Officers will attend four university events per year (e.g. graduation, networking events, professional development week, adopt-a-class, etc.).
- Directors should attend a minimum of four out of six meetings, scheduled every other month. Members shall participate in at least two university events per year (e.g. graduation, networking events, professional development week, adopt-a-class, etc.).
- Be a donor to the University and support fundraising and development activities.
- Be an ambassador for the Alumni Association, its Board of Directors, and Robert Morris University.
- Each Member shall be required to personally pledge a minimum $150 each fiscal year of service to the Board of Directors. This pledge will be accompanied with a signed a letter of intent from the Member. Fulfilment of the pledge is due by the last day of the fiscal year.
RMU Alumni Recruitment Team (ART)
In partnership with the Office of Admissions, members of the Alumni Recruitment Team connect with prospective students and parents to assist in attracting and enrolling students from across the Chicago area. Our alumni are the best representation of an RMU education and can provide greater insight into the RMU collegiate culture and experience.
- Open House Events: The Office of Admission hosts three to four large open houses event for prospective students and their families.
- Orientation: Each RMU campus hosts new student orientation in September just before the fall start.
- Telephone or Email: Alumni can share their experience with prospective students and families to help in their college decision making process, congratulate recently accepted students and answer questions students or parents may have about RMU.
Career-readiness is at the core of RMU’s educational philosophy. Our goal is to ensure that students graduate with the skills needed for sustainable employment and alumni help us further that effort by serving as a valuable connection and example to career success.
To help students further develop their professional capabilities, alumni can support students in the following ways:
- Allow students to job shadow
- Serve as mock interviewer
- Participate in annual RMU Career Fair
- Refer, post, or provide internship and job opportunities
- Speak to students and share your career story and tips for workplace success
- Host career networking events for students