In the few decades of their formal existence, paralegals have become established members of the legal community. Interviewing clients, investigating cases, drafting documents and researching the law are typical of tasks performed by paralegals under the supervision of an attorney. Paralegals, also known as legal assistants, work in law firms, corporations, banks, insurance and real estate agencies, title companies, courts and government agencies. The undeniable cost efficiency of using paralegals has made this field one of the fastest-growing occupations in the United States. The Paralegal Program at RMU is approved by the American Bar Association (ABA) and RMU is a member of the American Association for Paralegal Education (AAfPE).
The coursework is designed to enhance your ability to communicate effectively by developing thought and argument into logical written and oral form appropriate for a legal and/or business professional. You will engage in hands-on practical assignments performed by paralegals and learn to communicate ideas in a logical manner using appropriate legal and/or business strategies. The coursework will prepare you to meet your career goals as a paralegal or in a related field or to continue your education.
- Learn substantive law and procedural rules essential to functioning as a paralegal.
- Study ethical standards as a framework for competent and professional decision-making.
- Develop your skills with a variety of research tools.
- Enhance your critical thinking skills necessary to analyze issues and problems.
Paralegals may not provide legal services directly to the public except as permitted by law.
Go Beyond your Expectations
Students have the opportunity to obtain both their bachelor’s and their master’s degrees simultaneously to save time and money through RMU’s dual degree program.
With a culture of business for over 100 years, RMU also offers the Morris Graduate School of Management for students to expand their knowledge with a master’s degree.
- Human Resource Management
- Management/HR Management
- Business Analytics
- Information Security
- Mobile Computing
- Information Systems Management
- Higher Education Administration
- Health Care Administration
- Law Enforcement Administration
- Sports Administration
- Human Performance