Cook Up Your Future at RMU
The Institute of Culinary Arts at Robert Morris University Illinois provides a creative environment that simulates the culinary world. At RMU, you will work in industry-equipped kitchens, using fine ingredients and commercial-grade tools. You will work alongside professional chef instructors who share their real-world experience and encourage you to develop your own creativity. These masters of the craft teach classic foundational techniques and innovations essential to any style of cuisine. Through a methodology of demonstration followed by hands-on application, you can develop new skills and the confidence to continue your journey to a world of culinary possibilities.
Why Study Culinary Arts at RMU?
- Experience culinary in the city of Chicago, home to hundreds of top rated restaurants
- Discover curriculum that integrates learning inside and outside the classroom
- Guest chef presentations
- Visits to Chicago-area restaurants and farmers markets
- Participate in an annual culinary symposium featuring top chefs and alumni
- Engage in RMU’s pop-up restaurant which offers real world experience in our state-of-the-art kitchen
“RMU’s Pop-up Restaurant Series provides an encapsulating experience for culinary students. They have complete autonomy over the concept, menu, design, and flow of their very own pop-up restaurant. Students learn the importance of quick-response decision making, meeting strict deadlines, the vision and mission behind a start-up business, menu development, budgeting, and managing a team. This is a true capstone experience for our culinary students!”
Brad Hindsley, Culinary Arts Faculty
Explore Program Options
Students have the opportunity to obtain both their bachelor’s and their master’s degrees simultaneously to save time and money through RMU’s dual degree program.
- Human Resource Management
- Management/HR Management
- Business Analytics
- Information Security
- Mobile Computing
- Information Systems Management
- Higher Education Administration
- Health Care Administration
- Law Enforcement Administration
- Sports Administration
- Human Performance