At Robert Morris University Illinois, when you get your bachelor’s degree in architectural technology, you will obtain the professional experience that prepares you to become the vital link between architect and construction crew. Architectural Technologists use a combination of professional expertise, interpersonal skills, design ability and knowledge of computer applications to communicate complex technical information. Chicago is not only RMU’s main campus, but also is known as the “Architecture Mecca”, with over 1,060 firms.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects architect occupations to grow 7% from 2014 to 2024, providing additional opportunities for architectural technologists.
- Architectural Solution Specialist
- Sustainable Construction Specialist
- Layout Designer
- Engineering Technician
- Assistant Engineering Designer
- Architectural Drafter
- CAD Drafter/Technician
- Facility/Real Estate Management Assistant
- Construction Planner/Coordinator
The BPS in Architectural Technology will not qualify a student to sit for the NCARB (National Council of Architectural Registration Board) exam.
- Project Management
- Facilities Management
- Architectural Graphics and Design
- Construction Technology
- Sustainability in Construction
- Sustainable Design Practicum
“ I love my class projects because I get to design exterior and interior spaces. I’m confident I will be ready to lead the implementation of projects once I get out into the real-world.” – Rebecca D.
Go Beyond your Expectations
Students have the opportunity to obtain both their bachelor’s and their master’s degrees simultaneously to save time and money through RMU’s dual degree program.
With a culture of business for over 100 years, RMU also offers the Morris Graduate School of Management for students to expand their knowledge with a master’s degree.
- Human Resource Management
- Management/HR Management
- Business Analytics
- Information Security
- Mobile Computing
- Information Systems Management
- Higher Education Administration
- Health Care Administration
- Law Enforcement Administration
- Sports Administration
- Human Performance