Save the Date! EbL Institute Conference
July 20-22, 2020
The Experience-based Learning Institute Conference hosted by Robert Morris University Illinois brings together educators of all levels and experience to engage in active learning, seminars, collaboration, networking, and experiential excursions around beautiful summertime Chicago as we advance our individual and collective knowledge, skills, and application of experiential education to promote student learning outcomes and success.
|Super Early Bird||$265.00||Now – March 6|
|Early Bird||$275.00||March 7 – April 24|
|Regular||$300.00||April 25 – June 30|
|Late/On-Site Registration||$325.00||July 1 – July 21|
- I Do, and I Understand: The Value of Active Learning in the Classroom
- Creating a Shared Services Model in Higher Education
- But I’m Not in Charge! How Can Rank-and-File Faculty and Staff Enhance the Climate for Experience-based Learning on their Campuses?
- Storytraining: Shaping Stories to Connect Learners
- When Art & Science Come Together: Interdepartmental, Cross-Curricular Active Learning
- Get Out! Teaching Outside the Classroom
- Embracing Innovation for International Collaboration
- Required Experiential Learning: Shifting Mindsets from Obligation to Opportunity
- Courses in the City: Combining Social Sciences & English in Chicago
- Stocking the Food Pantry through Experiential Learning
- 5 Groups, 5 Grades: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Student Group Challenges
Attendees will engage in exciting, unique experiential excursions around the city of Chicago, all included in the price of registration! The full list of excursions will be finalized in February, and registrants will have the opportunity to select which excursions they would like to participate in. Excursions during the 2019 conference included the Field Museum of Natural History, the Art Institute of Chicago, and the Willis Tower SkyDeck.
The conference sessions will take place at Roosevelt University’s Wabash Building, which is easily accessible by public transportation around Chicago and from both of Chicago’s major airports. Nearby parking is also available. Affordable lodging rates will also be announced soon for locations within only a few blocks walking distance.
The EbL Institute Conference will take place at our partner institution Roosevelt University’s Wabash Building, located in downtown Chicago in the South Loop neighborhood, surrounded by fine dining, shopping, and iconic cultural institutions like the Art Institute of Chicago. The conference will also include experiential excursions out into the city to both learn and explore.
425 South Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605
For additional information or questions, please contact the Robert Morris University Experience-based Learning Institute at email@example.com.
2019 Conference Recap
Overall, I would say this was the best conference I have attended.
The conference space, the food, the content of sessions, the networking fostered were all amazing.