Psychology is the study of human behavior through the science of the mind and body with attention to the realities of the heart. Psychology is a popular college degree for those wanting to affect the lives of others in a diverse world. The RMU’s BS in Psychology prepares students for careers in a variety of mental health fields, human resources, business, or for application to a variety of graduate programs that require scientific knowledge, emotional intelligence, and interpersonal dexterity. The role of psychology in our lives and in the workplace can be enhanced with additional certification or licensure in specialty areas.
The field of psychology requires students to balance understanding of the emotional side of the discipline, including sociocultural factors of relationships, with data analysis and research methodologies. Students will take courses in foundational psychology, the basis of behavior, and scientific and quantitative literacy in addition to field experiences, psychology electives, and a general education and career management core. Our psychology degree is a pre-professional program built on scientific theory applied to the needs of people. The B.S. in Psychology at Robert Morris University will:
- Develop students’ understanding of the complexities of human behavior and thought with recognition of the factors that relate to individual differences among people.
- Develop students’ critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills in relation to the underlying principles of the scientific method in psychology.
- Equip students to embrace and utilize the major theoretical approaches in psychology to reality-based educational, emotional, ethical, motivational, organizational, personal, and social issues.
- Develop students’ appreciation for individual differences among people and demonstrate an understanding of the influence of culture and diversity.
- Market Research Analyst
- Psychiatric Technicians & Aides
- Human Resources Assistant
- Social Work Case Manager
- Health Educator and Community Health Worker
- Substance Abuse Counselors*
- Social and Human Service Coordinator
- Educational Advisor
- Emergency Management Director
- Director of Training & Development
- Employee Relations or Labor Relations
- Family Care or Adoption Specialist (ICPC)*
Advanced Degree Careers
- Clinical Counseling*
- School Psychologist*
- Mental Health Counselors*
- Industrial-Organizational Psychologist
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)*
- Marriage & Family Counseling (LPC)*
* Indicates that additional certification or license may be required for position
- Research Methods in the Behavioral Sciences
- Learning, Motivation, and Emotion
- Pre-Professional Seminar for Psychology
- History and Systems of Psychology
- Drugs and Behavior
- Psychology of Personality
- Psychological Testing & Assessment
- Mental Health Counseling
- Psychology Externship/Mental Health Practicum
Go Beyond your Expectations
Students have the opportunity to obtain both their bachelor’s and their master’s degrees simultaneously to save time and money through RMU’s dual degree program.
With a culture of business for over 100 years, RMU also offers the Morris Graduate School of Management for students to expand their knowledge with a master’s degree.
- Human Resource Management
- Management/HR Management
- Business Analytics
- Information Security
- Mobile Computing
- Information Systems Management
- Higher Education Administration
- Health Care Administration
- Law Enforcement Administration
- Sports Administration
- Human Performance