RMU’s Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology Prepares Students For a Career With Future Demand
If you are considering psychology schools in Chicago with pre-professional psychology programs designed to enhance the understanding of human behavior, Robert Morris University Illinois offers a comprehensive Bachelor of Science in Psychology Degree. Our Bachelor of Psychology prepares students for careers in a variety of mental health fields, human resources, business, or application to a graduate program in counseling, psychology, social work, business and human resources. With RMU’s main campus in the heart of downtown Chicago, our psychology classes are easily accessible and conveniently located to both work and home.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a faster than average job growth of 14% through 2026, with job opportunities for knowledgeable psychologists increasing over the next decade. Those graduating with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from RMU will find themselves primed for a number of diverse careers such as Market Research Analyst, Psychiatric Technicians and Aides, Human Resources Assistant, Social Work Case Manager, Health Educator and Community Health Worker, and Social or Human Service Coordinator. The role of psychology in our lives and in the workplace can be enhanced with additional certification or licensure in specialty areas.
Attain Your Goals through RMU’s Bachelor of Psychology Curriculum
The field of psychology requires students to balance understanding of the emotional side of the discipline, including sociocultural factors of relationships, with data analysis and research methodologies. Robert Morris University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology includes courses in foundational psychology, the basis of behavior, and scientific and quantitative literacy. The comprehensive psychology curriculum also includes field experiences, psychology electives, general education and career management core.
RMU’s psychology programs are a pre-professional curriculum built on scientific theory applied to the needs of people. Our Bachelor of Psychology will develop students’ understanding of the complexities of human behavior and thought with recognition of the factors that relate to individual differences among people. Students will learn to develop critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills as they utilize the major theoretical approaches in psychology to reality-based educational, emotional, ethical, motivational, organizational, personal, and social issues.
Advanced Psychology Programs With Real-World Experience
Choosing between psychology schools is an important decision. Robert Morris University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology will prepare students for careers in a variety of mental health fields, human resources, business, or for application to a variety of graduate programs that require scientific knowledge, emotional intelligence, and interpersonal dexterity. Students in RMU’s psychology programs will also supplement their classroom academics with real-world experience, outside internships and integration projects.
- Market Research Analyst
- Psychiatric Technicians & Aides
- Human Resources Assistant
- Social Work Case Manager
- Health Educator and Community Health Worker
- Substance Abuse Counselors*
- Social and Human Service Coordinator
- Educational Advisor
- Emergency Management Director
- Director of Training & Development
- Employee Relations or Labor Relations
- Family Care or Adoption Specialist (ICPC)*
Advanced Degree Careers
- Clinical Counseling*
- School Psychologist*
- Mental Health Counselors*
- Industrial-Organizational Psychologist
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)*
- Marriage & Family Counseling (LPC)*
* Indicates that additional certification or license may be required for position
- Research Methods in the Behavioral Sciences
- Learning, Motivation, and Emotion
- Pre-Professional Seminar for Psychology
- History and Systems of Psychology
- Drugs and Behavior
- Psychology of Personality
- Psychological Testing & Assessment
- Mental Health Counseling
- Psychology Externship/Mental Health Practicum
Go Beyond your Expectations
Students have the opportunity to obtain both their bachelor’s and their master’s degrees simultaneously to save time and money through RMU’s dual degree program.
With a culture of business for over 100 years, RMU also offers the Morris Graduate School of Management for students to expand their knowledge with a master’s degree.
- Human Resource Management
- Management/HR Management
- Business Analytics
- Information Security
- Mobile Computing
- Information Systems Management
- Higher Education Administration
- Health Care Administration
- Law Enforcement Administration
- Sports Administration
- Human Performance