Learn a wide range of exciting skills suitable for a variety of fitness settings such as private health clubs, corporate fitness, community health and sport & recreation. Coursework includes exercise science, biomechanics, fitness assessment & programming, injury prevention and certification preparation.
On-campus facilities are complimented with experiential learning applications, field trips, and real-world experience. Expand your career opportunities with a Bachelor of Professional Studies degree in Health and Wellness or Bachelor of Science in Exercise, Nutrition and Health Science to gain advanced knowledge in the fitness and exercise field! With the emerging trend of health and well-being awareness, you can have a successful career, while you improve your own health.
Prepare to develop skills in fitness assessment, program design and exercise implementation.
- Participate and lead fitness activities and programs.
- Learn to apply theories and principles of exercise science.
- Become eligible to get certified as a Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor.
- Personal Trainer
- Fitness Instructor/Specialist
- Strength & Conditioning Specialist/Sports Consultant
- Exercise Technologist
- Athletic Training Assistant
- Human Performance for Various Populations
- Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- Fitness Assessment
- Introduction to Athletic Training
- Kinesiology and Biomechanics
- Exercise Program Design
RMU prepares you for the following certifications:
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) – Personal Trainer or Group Fitness Instructor
- American Heart Association – First Aid, CPR, AED
Go Beyond your Expectations
Students have the opportunity to obtain both their bachelor’s and their master’s degrees simultaneously to save time and money through RMU’s dual degree program.
With a culture of business for over 100 years, RMU also offers the Morris Graduate School of Management for students to expand their knowledge with a master’s degree.
- Human Resource Management
- Management/HR Management
- Business Analytics
- Information Security
- Mobile Computing
- Information Systems Management
- Higher Education Administration
- Health Care Administration
- Law Enforcement Administration
- Sports Administration
- Human Performance