Health and Wellness
Falling under the umbrella of health education, the outlook for health and wellness is excellent, with jobs expected to grow at a faster than average rate of 13 percent through 2024, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This is nearly twice the average for all occupations, which is currently 7 percent.
The Health and Wellness concentration at RMU gives students a firm foundation in basic and health-related sciences. In addition, the diversified curriculum is flexible, and students are able to select from various health, nutrition, sport and fitness specialization areas. As a result, students will be equipped to develop, implement and manage wellness, health, fitness and sports programs and initiatives in a variety of sectors. The multidisciplinary approach of the program combines the strengths of traditional exercise science and health science curricula and enhances the content with business management classes and lab experiences. Advanced internships round out the education and provide valuable real world experience.
This program is designed to provide specialized coursework and experience to pursue unlimited opportunities in recreation, wellness, health, fitness and sports careers. Students will apply skills such as programming, evaluation, education, and management to meet health and wellness needs across populations and various work sectors, while balancing patient/client centered care with a humanitarian perspective.
- Health Promotions or Public Health
- Community or Corporate Wellness Coordinator
- Health and Fitness Management
- Sports Performance Trainer or Coach
- Athletic or Health Administration
- Recreation or Sport Camp Director
- Medical Supervisor or Team Leader
- Health Coach
- Law and Ethics in Healthcare Today
- Nutrition Assessment
- Global Health Practices
- Contemporary Issues in Sport, Health and Wellness
- Coaching and Motivation in Sport
- Foundations in Health Education
- Health and Wellness Psychology
- Introduction to Sports Management
- Science of Food
“The Health and Wellness program has given me so many new tools and opportunities that have helped me build my confidence and knowledge. This program has provided me the skills and practice needed to be successful in the real world.”
Rachel Friesner, student, Bachelor of Professional Studies in Health & Wellness
Go Beyond your Expectations
Students have the opportunity to obtain both their bachelor’s and their master’s degrees simultaneously to save time and money through RMU’s dual degree program.
With a culture of business for over 100 years, RMU also offers the Morris Graduate School of Management for students to expand their knowledge with a master’s degree.
- Human Resource Management
- Management/HR Management
- Business Analytics
- Information Security
- Mobile Computing
- Information Systems Management
- Higher Education Administration
- Health Care Administration
- Law Enforcement Administration
- Sports Administration
- Human Performance