The Applied Health Sciences concentration at RMU gives students a firm foundation in basic and health-related sciences. In addition, the diversified curriculum is flexible, and students are able to choose from various health and fitness content areas to take courses of most interest to them. As a result, students will be equipped to develop, implement and manage wellness, health and fitness programs and initiatives in a variety of sectors. The multidisciplinary approach of the program combines the strengths of traditional Exercise Science and Health Sciences curricula and enhances them with business management and lab experiences. Advanced internships round out the education and provide valuable real world experience.
Two different concentration tracks are designed to provide specialized coursework and experience to pursue unlimited opportunities in recreation, wellness, health, fitness and sports careers. Students will apply skills such as programming, evaluation and education to meet health and fitness needs across populations while balancing patient/client centered care with a humanitarian perspective.
- Community or Corporate Health and Fitness
- Health Promotions or Public Health
- Fitness Center or Health Organization Management
- Medical Biller or Associate
- Sports Performance Trainer or Coach
- Athletic or Health Administration
- Recreation or Sport Camp Director
- Medical Supervisor or Team Leader
- Law & Ethics in Healthcare Today
- Health & Disease
- Global Health Practices
- Contemporary Issues in Sport & Recreation
- Coaching & Motivation in Sport
- Foundations in Health Education
- Techniques in Fitness and Exercise Training
Go Beyond your Expectations
Students have the opportunity to obtain both their bachelor’s and their master’s degrees simultaneously to save time and money through RMU’s dual degree program.
With a culture of business for over 100 years, RMU also offers the Morris Graduate School of Management for students to expand their knowledge with a master’s degree.
- Human Resource Management
- Management/HR Management
- Business Analytics
- Information Security
- Mobile Computing
- Information Systems Management
- Higher Education Administration
- Health Care Administration
- Law Enforcement Administration
- Sports Administration
- Human Performance