Masters of Management
Advance Forward With a Masters of Management Degree
Are you are looking to advance into a management position, but need advanced Master of Management studies specific to your industry? Morris Graduate School offers concentrations to help fine-tune skills and meet your future goals. A Masters in Management Degree will give you the management education needed to advance your current specialization.
The Master of Management Degree (MM) is designed for practitioners who seek to enhance their effectiveness and assume greater responsibilities within their organizations. Within the core curriculum of the Master of Management degree, students learn about policy implementation, resource allocation, planning and evaluation, and financial management along with integrating graduates’ specific professional background areas.
Master of Management Programs Specifically Tailored For You
Students who enroll in the Morris Graduate School’s Master in Management studies can choose four concentrations:
- Master in Management Health Care Administration (MM HCA) students will learn a variety of skills and techniques to effectively oversee day-to-day operations in today’s health care fields. They will gain knowledge on how to make ethical decisions, responsible choices, analyze effective management plans and be able to make responsible managerial decisions.
- Master in Management Law Enforcement Administration will enhance the education of those individuals who are currently employed in both private and public law enforcement careers. Aimed at addressing current issues facing federal, state, local and private agencies; students will enhance leadership skills, be able to evaluate an organization’s overall effectiveness and be able to analyze crime prevention complexities due to societal changes and technology advancements.
- Master in Management Higher Education Administration will help students excel in management skills and knowledge as it pertains to elements of curriculum, student issues, assessment, and resource management. Students will learn to make sound administrative decisions, consider broader issues, evaluate accreditation and governance, and make responsible managerial decisions.
- Master in Management Sports Administration will teach advanced skills for those interested in managing sports personnel and facilities. Students will master legal, ethical, financial, public relations, human resources, and general business principles specific to the sports industry. With Chicago being one of the biggest sports team markets and Forbes estimating that the sports industry should reach almost $74 billion by 2019, the growth in this field is expected to continue to rise.
Master of Management Studies For Future Success
Graduates who receive a Master’s Degree from RMU will earn their diploma from one of the leading Masters of Management programs. They will gain the knowledge to be able to effectively demonstrate communication skills, presentation skills, and be able to utilize managerial expertise that requires the integration of resource allocation and policy implementation.
Morris Grad School graduates with a Master of Management Degree demonstrate leadership skills and apply them to the advancement in their chosen career. With the flexibility of full-time or part-time Master of Management studies, students will be able to earn their degree at their own pace.
MM Tracks to choose from:
Higher Education Administration
Health Care Administration
Law Enforcement Administration
Master of Management
Higher Education Administration Specialization
The specialization in Higher Education Administration is a broad-based curriculum that prepares professionals for administrative roles in post-secondary education.
Courses provide an overview of relevant theories, research, and ideas on higher education that help graduates manage educational enterprises so as to promote student success.
At the completion of the Higher Education Administration Specialization,
students will be able to:
- Make administrative decisions based on current best practices in Higher Education Administration.
- Consider broader issues of accreditation and governance in managing higher education enterprises.
- Apply general management principles in decision-making in the context of higher education.
Master of Management
Health Care Administration Specialization
The Masters of Management specialization in Health Care Administration provides a foundation for managers in a wide variety of health care settings to address the challenges inherent in a complex health care delivery system. Both management theory and case-based application are core components of the curriculum.
Students will be prepared to apply best practices in management approaches to address budgetary constraints, increasing demand for the effective use of technology, staffing challenges, safety, and quality as they relate to managing within the complex health care delivery system.
At the completion of the Health Care Administration Specialization, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective communication with the public, patients, and a wide variety of health care providers and support staff. Facility in terminology unique to the health care industry will be achieved.
- Embrace the discipline of ethical analysis when approaching complex decisions while considering the legal and ethical impact of their actions and decisions.
- Present management plans that are relevant to specific accounting and financial constraints related to business performance.
- Demonstrate managerial skills related to integration of regulatory compliance, quality of care, reimbursement structures, and directing and supervising staff within complex health care delivery settings.
Master of Management
Law Enforcement Administration Specialization
The MM in Law Enforcement Administration is designed for individuals who are currently employed in the law enforcement field who seek to strengthen their departments and communities while opening the door to career advancement. Individuals in the program will benefit from the core courses emphasizing general competencies in leadership, management theory, finance and statistics. The specialization courses in Law Enforcement address critical issues facing administrators of federal, state, local and private agencies.
At the completion of the Law Enforcement Administration Specialization, students will:
- Develop leadership and managerial competence to direct departments or agencies to serve communities in a socially responsible manner.
- Evaluate an agency’s overall effectiveness and efficiency by applying appropriate resource and organizational management theory to the myriad of issues facing all types of agencies.
- Analyze the recent complexities of crime prevention due to societal changes and technology advancements to strategically position agencies to effectively manage such issues.
Master of Management
Sports Administration Specialization
The Masters of Management specialization in Sports Administration is for individuals interested in developing competence and pursuing careers in the management of sports personnel and facilities. This degree provides the foundation, advanced knowledge and skills to function as effective administrators in a variety of sport and recreation settings. Students will consider legal, ethical, financial, public relations, human resources, and general business principles as they specifically relate to managing within the complex sports and athletic industry.
At the completion of the Sports Administration Specialization, students will be able to:
- Analyze and apply relevant business, legal, and ethical principles to the management and oversight of sports and athletic businesses.
- Consider the complexities and issues in academic sports administration from an intercollegiate context.
- Develop, design, and assess a comprehensive sports event and facilities management plan considering legal, financial, public relations, and human resources implications.
With a culture of business for over 100 years, RMU also offers the Morris Graduate School of Management for students to expand their knowledge with a master’s degree.
- Human Resource Management
- Management/HR Management
- Business Analytics
- Information Security
- Information Systems Management
- Higher Education Administration
- Health Care Administration
- Law Enforcement Administration
- Sports Administration