TAX FORM INFORMATION
Per IRS regulations, tax related forms for tax year 2016 will be provided on or by January 31, 2017.
- If you are a student who was enrolled in a term that began in 2016, you are entitled to receive a 2016 1098-T tax form. The 1098-T tax form reports information related to possible educational tax benefits.
- 2016 1098-T tax forms will be available through the MyRMU Portal no later than January 31, 2017.
- In order to log into your MyRMU Portal, you will need your User ID and Password. To obtain this information, please visit the RMU Login Center for assistance.
- If you are a student who opted out of electronic delivery, your 2016 1098-T tax form will be available through the MyRMU Portal and will be sent via 1st class mail through the US Postal Service to the most current address on file and will be postmarked no later than January 31, 2017.
- If you believe your address on file is incorrect, please complete the Tax Form Request and click submit to update your current address on file.
- Your legal name of record with Robert Morris University must match your U.S. Social Security record with the IRS. Please provide a copy of your U.S. Social Security card to the Financial Services Department at your campus to verify and update this information if necessary.
- If you are an international student WITH a U.S. Social Security number, you are eligible for a 1098-T, but must provide a copy of your U.S. Social Security card to the Financial Services Department in order to receive the document.
- If you are an international student WITHOUT a U.S. Social Security number, you are not eligible for a 1098-T tax form, but may be eligible for benefits in your country.
- If you would like more information on the 1098-T form and the possible tax benefits for which you may be eligible, please visit Understanding Tax Benefits for Education.
- 2016 Form W-2 for employees will be mailed through the U.S. Postal Service 1st Class mail system by January 31, 2017. The W-2 reports information related to earnings and wages.
- If you are a student employee or regular employee and are requesting a duplicate Form W-2 for wages earned, please complete and submit the Tax Form Request.
- Duplicate W-2 forms are NOT available online and can only be requested using the Tax Form Request.